We are pleased to announce the 2015 NAHBS will be held at The Kentucky International Convention Center located in downtown Louisville, connected via skywalk to 2,300 hotel rooms with an additional 1,800 hotel rooms located within six blocks. Near Fourth Street Live!, Museum Row and the arena district. Louisville was named one of the “10 Tastiest Towns” by Southern Living, one of the “Top 12 Best Getaways” by U.S. News and the “Top U.S. Travel Destination for 2012” by Lonely Planet.
KENTUCKY INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CENTER
221 South Fourth Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40202
Saturday 10 – 6
Sunday 10 – 5
- 1,300 guest rooms, including 650 suites
- RIVUE Tower: 25 Stories
- Suite Tower: 18 Stories
- The 3rd Floor Conservatory connects the RIVUE and Suite Towers over Fourth Street
- Club 360 Rooftop Fitness Center*
- 9 Restaurants & Lounges
- 24-hour on-site deli
- On-site transportation
- On-site UPS Business Center
- ADA-compliant rooms available upon request, as well as transferable benches, roll-in showers and TDD kits
GENERAL ROOM AMENITIES
- Alarm clock
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- HD television
- Basic cable
- Electrical outlets at desks
- Sofa Sleeper in Executive Suites
- Rollaway beds available upon request for RIVUE Tower (additional cost applies)
SERVICES AND AMENITIES
- Club 360 Rooftop Fitness Center* Mon-Fri 6 a.m.- 10 p.m. Sat-Sun 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Outdoor pool (Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- 3rd Floor Conservatory
- Retail Stores on site:
- 3rd Floor Spirits & More
- Koi Gallery
- Mint Julep Tours
- Hey Lady!
- Xhale Salon~Spa- 17th Floor, Suite Tower
- The HairCutters Barber, Salon and Shoeshine- 2nd Floor, RIVUE Tower
- UPS Business & Shipping Center- 2nd Floor, Suite Tower
- 24/7 Computer & Printing Center- 1st Floor, Suite Tower
- Room Service- ext. 4235 Available 6:30 a.m. – Midnight
- Coffee-to-go in the Suite Tower Lobby
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi available in guest rooms for a fee:
- Basic- $5.95 (emails & social media)
- Premium- $9.95 (streaming video)
- Pet Policy: Service animals only
- RIVUE Restaurant & Lounge 25th Floor, RIVUE Tower Dinner: Mon-Sat 5:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Lounge opens at 5 p.m. Sunday Brunch 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Reservations recommended, call 568-4239
- Café Magnolia 2nd Floor, RIVUE Tower Daily 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Jockey Silks Bourbon Bar 2nd Floor, RIVUE Tower Tues-Sat 4 p.m. – Midnight
- Al J’s at the Conservatory 3rd Floor, Conservatory Mon-Sat 11 a.m. – 1 a.m. Sun 1 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Thelma’s 24-Hour Deli, Coffee & Pizza 3rd Floor, Conservatory 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse 2nd Floor, Suite Tower Mon-Thurs 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Fri-Sat 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Dining at 321 Main Street (also connected) Down One Bourbon Bar & Restaurant, 321deli, and 2 Dips & a Shake
- Just Seven Miles From The Airport
The Galt House Hotel is the hub of the city and it is the place to be. The Galt House Hotel is centrally located along the popular 1-65 corridor between Indianapolis and Nashville in the Midwest. It is within a day’s drive from two-thirds of the U.S. population.
RESTAURANTS & NIGHTLIFE
- Fourth Street Live!, a $70 million downtown complex of restaurants, coffee shops, bars, nightclubs and other entertainment venues.
- For Dinner, Z’s Oyster bar and Steakhouse is located directly outside of the convention center. Z’s specializes in Prime Steak and Fresh Seafood and is known for an impressive, award-winning wine list.
OTHER LOUISVILLE MUST-SEES
- Churchill Downs, America’s legendary racetrack and home of the Kentucky Derby and the Kentucky Derby Museum.
- You won’t have to travel far for fun! Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay, opening May 2014, is a full-scale amusement and water park and is on the Kentucky Exposition Center property.
- With over 1,700 animals on 134 acres, the Louisville Zoo is one of the region’s most popular family attractions.
- Crossover from Louisville, Kentucky to Jeffersonville, Indiana on the Big Four Bridge. This 1.42 mile round trip takes you across the Ohio River on a bridge designed especially for walkers, runners and bicyclists.
Distances from other cities:
- Cincinnati, OH- 1 1/2 hours
- Cleveland, OH – 5 1/2 hours
- Indianapolis, IN- 2 hours
- Nashville, TN- 3 hours
- Dayton, OH- 3 hours
- St. Louis, MO- 4 hours
- Chicago, IL- 5 hours
- Memphis, TN- 6 hours
- Detroit, MI- 6 hours
- Atlanta, GA- 7 hours
- Pittsburgh- 7 hours
- From the South/Louisville International Airport: Travel west on Terminal Drive toward Administration Drive. Merge onto I-65 Northbound toward Downtown/Louisville/Indianapolis. Take the Brook Street Exit (136B). Go straight on S. Brook Street. Turn left on E. Muhammad Ali Boulevard. Turn right onto S. Second Street/KY-1020 N. Continue to follow S. Second Street. Turn left onto W. Main Street/US-60 Truck W/US-31W W. Turn right onto N. Fourth Street. Galt House Hotel is located at 140 N. Fourth Street.
- From the North: Traveling on I-65 Southbound, merge onto I-64 W (Exit 137) immediately after crossing the Kennedy Bridge over the Ohio River. Take exit 5B (3rd St./River Rd.) and go South on 3rd Street. Take the first Right onto West Main Street. Take the first Right onto North Fourth Street. Galt House Hotel is located at 140 N. Fourth Street.
- From the East: Traveling on I-64 Westbound, take exit 5B (3rd St./River Rd.) and go South on 3rd Street. Take the first Right onto W. Main Street. Take the first Right onto N. Fourth Street. Galt House Hotel is located at 140 N. Fourth Street.
- From the West: Traveling on I-64 Eastbound, take exit 4 (9th St./Roy Wilkins Ave.). Turn Left onto W. Market Street. Turn Left onto 4th Street. Galt House Hotel is located at 140 N. Fourth Street.
- From I-71 Southbound: Take exit 1A to merge onto I-64 W toward St. Louis. Take exit 5B (3rd St./River Rd.) and go South on 3rd Street. Take the first Right onto W. Main Street. Take the first Right onto N. Fourth Street. Galt House Hotel is located at 140 N. Fourth Street.
OHIO RIVER BRIDGES PROJECT
The Ohio River Bridges Project will result in road and lane closures that may interfere with your route and travel time.
- Eastbound Interstate 64 ramp to Southbound Interstate 65 from July 2013 through mid-2016
- Ramp from Northbound I-65 to Westbound I-64 from mid-2015 to early-2016
- Ramp from Liberty Street to Northbound I-65 from mid-2015 to mid-2016
- Ramp from Eastbound I-64 to Northbound I-65 from Spring 2016 to late-2016
- Ramp from Southbound I-65 to Westbound I-64 from Spring 2016 to mid-2016
- Ramp from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Northbound I-65 from Spring 2016 to mid-2016
- There are also two closures scheduled in Indiana during the project:
- U.S. Highway 31 south of Court Avenue, including Clark Memorial Bridge (Second St. Bridge) in May 2014
- Court Avenue ramp to southbound I-65
- All of the closure dates are general and may change as the Bridges Project progresses. Get the latest updates from the Ohio River Bridges Project by clicking here.